Entry from Grades 7,8 or 9 dependent on:
- Times achieved in Galas (open and development)
- Kick: 50s under 1.30 mins, 100s under 3 mins.
- Aerobic. T15. Minimum distance 600m
- Sprint: 16 x 50 on TRT 1.30
- FC, BC, BR as 200m swims
- FLY as 4 x 25
- 6×100 TRT 2.45
- 2 x 200 TRT 6
Grade 9. (Complete a set lasting 800m)
- + Competitive starts and turns
- Need to include Timed Swim as part of the promotion process a couple of weeks before final assessments are due.
Grade 8. (Complete a set lasting 600m)
TRTs less demanding than required for Mini Squad.
Grade 7. Aerobic demands and repititions a long way short of Mini Squad requirement.
Promotion from Mini Squad to Bronze
- Dependent on Minimum attendance of 2 out of 4 sessions offered per week. (3 ought to be the minimum)
- Competition circuit for County Times and expected level of qualification
- Minimum Open Meet Entries: 4
- Attitude and application. Excellent
Therefore, for any swimmer to be promoted from Grades 7 or 8 they need
a) to be pressing towards County Standard times
b) be proficient at all strokes
c) have the skills d) prove their commitment by regular attendance, certainly 2 if not 3 times a week
e) achieve the time swim and other aerobic tests.