THE book that matters most to swim teachers for developing competitive swimmers from learn to swim.
Every teacher should have a copy and the best way to have it is on an eBook so that the diagrams can be shown to swimmers.
Much better in this format as originally published.
Great diagrams likes this all the way through:
Entry from Grades 7,8 or 9 dependent on:
- Times achieved in Galas (open and development)
- Kick: 50s under 1.30 mins, 100s under 3 mins.
- Aerobic. T15. Minimum distance 600m
- Sprint: 16 x 50 on TRT 1.30
- FC, BC, BR as 200m swims
- FLY as 4 x 25
- 6×100 TRT 2.45
- 2 x 200 TRT 6
Grade 9. (Complete a set lasting 800m)
- + Competitive starts and turns
- Need to include Timed Swim as part of the promotion process a couple of weeks before final assessments are due.
Grade 8. (Complete a set lasting 600m)
TRTs less demanding than required for Mini Squad.
Grade 7. Aerobic demands and repititions a long way short of Mini Squad requirement.
Promotion from Mini Squad to Bronze
- Dependent on Minimum attendance of 2 out of 4 sessions offered per week. (3 ought to be the minimum)
- Competition circuit for County Times and expected level of qualification
- Minimum Open Meet Entries: 4
- Attitude and application. Excellent
Therefore, for any swimmer to be promoted from Grades 7 or 8 they need
a) to be pressing towards County Standard times
b) be proficient at all strokes
c) have the skills d) prove their commitment by regular attendance, certainly 2 if not 3 times a week
e) achieve the time swim and other aerobic tests.